Trend to try- all beige everything.
The views expressed in this post are of my own, and are not reflected by the Tertangala or the University of Wollongong.
Beige seems to be the trend du jour. From matte coffin nails, lipsticks, naked dresses, heels (lace up stilettos, of course), everyone’s paring it back for that barely-there shade.
It’s no secret university isn’t exactly a fashion runway, and no-one likes to step out looking overdressed when you’re dreaming of New York street style and Instagram fashionistas. But don’t blush baby, here’s some simply ways for you shy stylists to rock the trend everyday at university.
- Accessorise, accessorise, accessorise
The devil is in the details and some chic little accessories are a great way of channeling the neutral trend and getting serious style cred. Watches, wallets, purses, sunglasses, shoes, phone cases, laptop cases, diaries and jewellery are all great, inexpensive options!
- Pick a statement piece
When it comes to the beige trend, it’s all about minimalism and less-is-more. Try focusing the minimalist attitude on one signature item.
- Wakeup and makeup
“The natural look” has always been a go-to for classes. You can keep it looking fresh and trendy by layering on those barely-there shades on your eyes, lips and nails. Try peach and blush shades for paler skin or tan and coffee hues for darker skin tones.
And lastly, here’s some rapid fire tips for choosing nude every time:
- Blush/beige shoes do a great job of elongating your legs! Choose a colour close to your skin tone for giving the illusion of long legs
- If you’re channeling the “my lips but better” lip look, lipstick should be a shade darker than your natural lip colour. Be sure to pick something with a hint of pink in it to avoid that “concealer lips” look
- If you’re going for neutral nails, try a polish with a hint of brown in it for instant sophistication. Think “café au lait” colour
- Faux suede, faux leather, patent leather and knitwear are great options when it comes to choosing your beige look. Because the colour is so minimalist, it’s great to play it up with luxurious, textured materials.
As with any fashion trend, the most exciting part is putting your own personal twist on it. So be sure to have fun, channel your own vibe and wear it with confidence!
Feature image via Instagram. Credit: @missguided